In the first Grid quadrant, male Player performs first Element for men while female Player stands within the perimeter of the rectangular area of the first hash mark (Hash Box)
Upon completion of first Element for men, male Player stands in second Hash Box while female performs first Element for women.
Upon completion of first Element for women, female Player stands in third Hash Box while male Player performs second Element for men.
Upon completion of second Element for men, male Player stands in fourth Hash Box while female Player performs second Element for women
Players repeat this drill in each of the following three quadrants, with a decreasing repetition scheme. Teams may substitute at any time, but no Player may perform work unless the other onfield teammate is within the designated Hash Box. The race is finished when both Players cross the finish line after the female completes her eighth Element in the fourth quadrant.
A legal substitution is when contact occurs between athletes, but both feet of one athlete must be in the start zone. If the athlete crosses the start line to the GRID prior to contact with the athlete substituting out, the athlete will be called back to engage in that legal contact.
See an example of a Partner Forward race here. NOTE – there are different Elements involved, but the rules of the race are the same.
- Player must come to a fully standing position while elevating the barbell from the ground to a position directly overhead:
- in one continuous motion
- without pausing at the shoulders
- Player may use any form of snatch unless specifically designated (i.e., muscle, power, full or split)
- The repetition is counted when:
- the barbell reaches a position directly overhead
- Player’s arms and elbows are locked out vertically
- Player’s feet stationary, parallel and within shoulder width
- hips fully open
- knees locked out
- heels on the ground
Box Jump Over
- Player begins in a standing position
- Player must propel body over the box in any manner: both feet must travel over the top of the box (with or without touching the box top) Step ups are allowed.
- Player’s hand(s) may not make contact with the box at any point during the repetition
- The repetition is counted once the player has cleared the box and touched the ground, with both feet on the opposite side of the initial jump. If the player lands on any side other than OPPOSITE of the initial jump, the rep does not count.