April 27th @ CrossFit Cape Coral
Maybe you have heard the hype about the FGL Season. Or you saw someone you know get signed. Here is your chance to challenge yourself, try something new, and get a taste of the excitement, fun, and different experience of GRID.
GRID is about using your strengths to contribute to the team. If you can move a barbell effectively, or can rep out gymnastics movements, have a great balance of the two, or just like to move FAST… the SWFL Sharks could be looking for you to join their quest to win $20k and bring the FGL Season Championship home to Southwest Florida.
How the Combine Works:
The Combine is divided into the following portions of a single day.
This is your chance to show off your best or favorite skills. YOU choose any and all tests you feel will best position yourself to be desirable in the eyes of a coach. You are free to interact and ask questions with team and FGL league leadership. You can even show us other skills not listed here if you feel they are relevant.
- Refs are there basically to count reps/record time only. If an athlete does not meet the standards it reflects on their performance and can be noted by coaching staff and will result in an athlete getting a lower score.
- There will be several stations set-up throughout the space to accommodate the tests. Multiple tests can be performed at single stations.
Below is a list of some samples of possible tests available during the combine:
NPGL GRID score tests:
- Muscle-up: complete as many unbroken ring muscle-ups as possible, recording reps and total time.
- Thruster: complete 20 thrusters (135 lb for men; 95 lb for women) as fast as possible, subject to a 4-minute time cap.
- Rope climb: complete four (4) rope climbs to a height of 15 feet, each as fast as possible, subject to a 2-minute time cap.
- Clean and jerk: complete a two-repetition maximum clean and jerk, subject to a 20-second time cap. Start with chest to deck.
- Metcon: 15 burpee box-overs (30″/24″ box) followed by 15 toes-to-bar followed by 15 power snatches (135 lb for men; 95 lb for women) for total time. Subject to a 5-minute time cap.
Strength specialist tests:
- 10 hang cleans @ 205/115
- 10 hang snatches @ 165/95
- 10 thrusters @155/95
Bodyweight specialist tests: (Max unbroken sets, recording number of reps and time to complete)
- Max C2B pull-ups in 45 seconds
- Max Ring muscle ups in 45 seconds
- Max double touches in 45 seconds
- 15 bar facing burpees
Utility GRID simulation metcons for time:
- 60 DU, 4 rope climbs, 15 power cleans @ 165/115
- 10 burpee box jump overs, 15 T2B, 15 power snatch @ 135/85
Female – Ring muscle ups
Male – Barbell cycling: 60-80 percent
Mid Day Session
Races will be run with teams coached by Team or League officials.
- You DO NOT need any prior GRID knowledge to partake in these races. The job of the coach is to prepare and make relevant assignments within the time allotted.
- There will be time before each race in which teams will collaborate and plan for execution.
- A player’s communication skills, teamwork skills and real time interaction is very much under consideration. (In addition to physical performance)
- Several selections will be made on the day of the Combine, however, selections may be made after, as well, as long as in accordance to the Player Signing Rules.
SPACES ARE LIMITED
Don’t wait! If you have received an invitation to attend the Sharks’ combine you are one of the select people. Don’t risk losing your spot, sign up now!