Kid’s GRID League is Expanding
The sport of GRID is perfect for teaching kids all the best parts of team sports but in a co-ed setting…just like real life. GRID is confidence-building, challenging, and inspirational.
Values of the sport of GRID
1. Teamwork + Humility
2. Fairness + Integrity
3. Diversity + Equality
4. Health + Wellness
5. Passion + Growth
Values of Kid’s GRID:
1. Safety First. Always.
2. Fair play + sportsmanship
3. Confidence + Inspiration
- 2018: Paul Behar came to the FGL with an idea
- 2019: South conference only held 1 or 2 Kid’s races per match
- 2021: 2 teams (North and South) played at every match. Teams were run internally
- 2022: 2 teams (West Coast Crash and Southside Syndicate) played at every match. Teams were run externally, with 2 League conference managers and trained refs.
- 2023 (goals): 4 teams (2 in each conference), all run externally. League Season Director + 2 league conference managers.
- Eventually – a stand alone League
Benefits of Team Ownership
- Enriching kid’s lives through playing this sport
- The thrill of the sport of GRID
- Exposure for your brands
- A network of GRID teams and players
The playing surface, equipment, rules and programming for matches
Promotion of teams throughout the Season (FGL + Kids League)
Regular check-ins and guidance throughout the year
Team logo and uniform design
Discounted apparel pricing + other League benefits
Jan/Feb – team signings
Feb – May – team practices + weekly League-wide calls
June – Sept – regular season matches (about once a month)
Oct or Nov – Championships event
“Being a part of the Kids Grid League was absolutely one of the highlights of my year. There are so many talented youth and teens that don’t often get to let their skills shine, and that Grid floor provided the perfect opportunity for it.
I got to see strangers become friends and teammates, multiple exciting PR’s on lifts and movements, healthy competition and growth, and hard work put in both at our practices, on the players’ own time, and at the matches. It took no time for me to see the work that I put in as the coach pay off as I got to serve some of the brightest upcoming athletes out there.”
Laurel Jones, West Coast Crash Owner/Head Coach
Interested in owning a team?
If you or your gym is interested in owning a team get in touch
Join Our Team
We are looking for a director of Kid’s GRID. Responsibilities will be communication with teams, staffing of the events, running the schedule of the matches and other organizational tasks.
This role is perfect for someone with event experience. Kid’s CrossFit programming experience is not required (but may be helpful).